Wednesday, August 16, 2006

the new blogger

so I was reading about the features of the new Blogger yesterday and I must say it was about time. When I switched from Live Journal to Blogger a year ago, it was because LJ wasn't flexible enough for my purposes. With Blogger I was able to create a new blog in seconds and change my template and layout how I wanted it (although I hate going through that template code !). But I miss the "friends" functionality from LJ, and the ability to lock posts that I might not want to share in public. One of the most exhasperating features in Blogger is the "republishing" thing every time I change the template .. isn't that annoying ? Especially when the percentage doesn't change and it keeps getting stuck. Or when your photos don't upload no matter what you do, or why can't we have categories like Typepad does. Recently I had considered changing to another blogging site, but now I think I might wait to see if these new features are going to be worth it. I'm especially excited about the dynamic pages (no more republishing) and the labels/categories (finally !) feature. I wasn't one of the lucky people chosen to beta test the new Blogger, but I'm happy to wait patiently for now, since it seems that not everything is working as it should yet...
 

8 comments:

C+SK said...

Concordo contigo plenamente acerca do Blogger, no bom e no mau. Nao sabia do novo blogger, vou ler o teu link! Obrigada!

Anonymous said...

Não sabia de nada e fiquei muito entusiasmada com o que li no link. Finalmente novidades! :o)

Anonymous said...

Tb não sabia de nada. Vou já ver!! :)

Convenção Bookcrossing said...

Novidades? Boa, tenho de ir ler!

.. said...

aleluia! Agora é só esperar - mas ainda prefiro o livejournal para uma data de coisas.

Anonymous said...

thanks for the update. can't wait for dynamic pages and categories (no more hacks!)

Anonymous said...

hi tania, there's no need to wait. you can switch to beta immediately through the Blogger dashboard. woot! just to let you know!

Sarah and Jack said...

Oh wow! That is really great news.