Thursday, June 23, 2011

on and off the needles



So the other day I dug up all the unfinished socks I had laying around and came up with all of the above. I think these will be perfect for finishing during summer, since they're such small projects and so quite portable for carrying in my bag wherever we go. At least that's my hope, because to this date I have only ever finished one pair of socks, and that's because I really loved the colors. So there you go, my knitting goal for this summer, to finish 4 pairs of socks.



On the other hand, here's the finished cardigan for S. I finally found the perfect buttons for it, and I'm very happy with the result. It took me almost a year, and I had no idea what size would turn out (the pattern is written for worsted weight yarn, and I used a gorgeous dark red 4-ply I bought in Berlin last year instead), but I think it should fit her this next winter (or so I hope)

Pattern: Tiny tea leaves, by Melissa La Barre
Yarn: GGH Merino Soft (2 skeins)
Needles: 3.25 / 3.5 mm
Size: 2 years

No comments: