Wednesday, August 01, 2012

candy stripe


My summer cardigan is finally finished. I suppose it seems like it took me forever to finish it - when it actually just took me a month and a half with a lot of pauses - because I really don't enjoy knitting with cotton. This yarn is actually a cotton/wool mix, but even so not very pleasurable to knit with.
It blocked beautifully though, and it's warm but not too much, so perfect for this season.

I loosely based it on the Treeline Striped Cardigan but mostly I improvised. My original plan was to make a Roseling, but then I noticed how weird that collar was, and couldn't really figure out a way to make it work. So I decided on a bottom-up regular raglan sleeve construction, and incorporated the slipped stitch details along the sides of the body and the sleeve decreases.

A detailed explanation can be found on the Ravelry project page.
I love stripes, and this one is in my favorite color (red) so definitely going to get a lot of use.





8 comments:

Unknown said...

Ficou muito bonito!
:))
Sónia

Sharon said...

Looks great! And I love the side seam detail.

Carmela Biscuit said...

What a lovely cardigan! I love the colors!

Laura said...

Hermoso!!!

Concha said...

Adoro os teus tricots, Tânia, e acho sempre extraordinário que os consigas fazer sempre tão cintados e favorecedores. Um dia poderias fazer um post com os teus truques e conselhos! :)

Anonymous said...

So pretty! I love the red and white combination.

Tina said...

Nice cardi! I love the color:)

Tina said...

Nice cardi! I love the color:)